Monday, December 26, 2011

Me, Myself, & I, the story of a Banker

     Let me introduce myself. My name is Derbanker. I began life as many bankers do, as an “Alt” to support other characters and our guild. The guild to which I belonged was “Orgrimmar Irregulars”. We were a small guild and the idea of a Guild banker was decidedly off putting to some. The guild banks did not exist yet and some folks were fairly paranoid of a guild banker.

     At the time of my creation on Kirin Tor, the realm was new, and I was fresh and new to World of Warcraft. I resided on Kirin-Tor for a long while. I found that being a bank alt, especially one that I played more than my “
Main”, was fun and the making of in game currency simple and easy. I leveled up in my spare time and by the release of Burning Crusade I was a whopping level 50, yes I was not in a hurry to level to 60. This prevented me from moving in to the outlands directly but money has a way of making things happen and I found myself firmly ensconced in Shattrath, and finally in Dalaran with the release of “Wrath of the Lich King”. In the years I have been playing World of Warcraft I have moved from Kirin-Tor, to Farstriders and this is my current base of operations. As of the current time I support 16 characters on both sides of the conflict. If you happen to be on Farstriders at any point drop me a line and say hello.

     You might be asking, “So why should I bother to listen to the ramblings of a bank alt?” The answer is simple it’s free, its game related and you might find a nugget of something useful. Perhaps you will feel the need to correct me on a subject and in the process I learn something. Over all it wastes nothing but time, and if you enjoy it, can it really be called a waste?

     Why would I be doing this for free when there are sites that do the same thing for a fee? Think of it as my method of playing the markets. If the information on how to make in game currency is available for free, the content of the auction houses will hopefully be more versatile and perhaps the environment of play will be better.

     For the record, I am not a “Gold Farmer”, in the sense that I make gold and sell it to other people. I play the game and part of that game play is the accruing of in game currency. I certainly do not sell in game currency and in no way will I condone such action.

     Should you feel the need to contact me my e-mail address is derbanker@rocketmail.com
  Feel free to send me an in game tell, mail or send me an E-mail. I am always open to speaking with people about most subjects, assuming of course I have some thing to say about them.

Back in October of 2009 I started a blog about being a World of Warcraft Banker, 3 entries into it things fell apart. This is an attempt to restart that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment